|The plot was first developed in 1850 as part of Rockingham Station on the London and North Western Railway to house the locomotive shed.
In 1966 the station closed and the railway was dismantled, but the land remained in use as a coal yard until the 1990s.
The Loco Shed was retained and new buildings been added to provide overnight accommodation and business units.
The historic Loco Shed forms the focal point of the redevelopment master plan, which proposes residential and employment uses to complement the existing activities on site.
A series of new office buildings are placed at the front of the site along a new street into the site, which are visible from the main road.
The new houses are arranged in terraces in the quieter part of the plot and benefit from the rural setting, as well as views back towards the refurbished Loco Shed.
|Proposed redevelopment with existing Loco Shed on the right||Design concept|
|Existing Loco Shed||Model showing existing Loco Shed at the centre|